Taking Management Out of Print Management
Printix is a multi-tenant cloud or network based service that enables customers to securely print from their mobile phone, tablet or computer to any printer.
It automatically manages the print infrastructure and provides valuable insight into printing costs.
Network-based Systems Security
Printix print jobs are not actually sent to the Printix cloud. For security documents remain on your local network. Printix does the print management part in the cloud but all print traffic stays within your company network.
In traditional print server architecture, documents remain secure on the network. The Printix server-less solution uses peer-to-peer architecture, to provide the same document security. The Printix client software allows print jobs to be processed and stored on users’ local computers rather than being sent via the internet to a cloud-based service. Documents are encrypted and stored locally until they expire and/or get deleted. As Printix does not store any print jobs, accounting data and configuration details are the only information sent outside the company network. This data enables Printix to centrally manage your print environment whilst ensuring your document confidentiality.
In order for Printix to help manage your printers and provide Management Information via its Cloud, it must logically collect and register essential technical information about your printers, computers, users and documents.
For documents, Printix must register: Name, Number of pages, Colour, 2-sided, and where and when it was submitted, printed, restored and deleted. For security the documents are encrypted and stored locally and they do not leave your network. The document names can only be seen by the owner of the document.
Cloud-based Systems Security
Printix is a multi-tenant cloud-based service that enables customers to securely print from their mobile phone, tablet or computer to any printer. It automatically manages the print infrastructure and provides valuable insight into printing costs
Like any Cloud based system users are required to register and sign in. Only authorised users will have access to Printix after following the security procedures for the installation
- With Azure/Office 365 authentication enabled, users’ passwords are handled entirely by Azure
- With Active Directory authentication enabled, users’ passwords are not stored by Printix, but can be transferred securely via LDAPS to the local Active Directory server for authentication
- For users that authenticate directly with Printix, passwords are protected through salted password hashing. Users can reset password themselves
Microsoft pay particular attention to security which is why Printix has been approved by them as the first print management application to be listed on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
All Microsoft Cloud services, including Microsoft Office 365, use Azure AD as their identity provider. And because Azure AD is a Public Cloud Service, Printix capabilities in its print management cloud solution are particularly relevant. Printix developed its application to be integrated with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage user access and enable single sign-on with both Printix Zero and Freedom. Now users can implement a true secure cloud-based workplace using Office 365 and Azure AD
- Enterprise Single Sign-On – Azure Active Directory supports rich enterprise-class single sign-on with Printix out of the box. Users sign into Printix using their organizational accounts hosted in Active Directory
- Easy Configuration – Azure Active Directory provides a simple step-by-step user interface for connecting Printix to Azure AD